24-HOUR HELPLINE (808) 946-1438
OAHU CENTRAL OFFICE IS CONVENIENTLY
LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN HONOLULU AT
CENTURY SQUARE, 1188 BISHOP ST. SUITE 3406
(CORNER OF BERETANIA ST. AND BISHOP ST.)
OUR NEW OFFICE HOURS ARE:
MON – FRI 7AM – 6PM, SAT 9AM – 3PM,
CLOSED SUNDAYS AND FEDERAL HOLIDAYS
LIMITED 1/2 HOUR VALIDATION AVAILABLE FOR VISITING MEMBERS IN THE CENTURY SQUARE PARKING LOT
WHAT IS OAHU INTERGROUP?
- Oahu Intergroup is the collective body of local Alcoholics Anonymous on the island of Oahu comprised of: the elected Intergroup Steering Committee (Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary), the Central Office Manager and Intergroup Representatives from local groups who choose to participate
- Oahu Intergroup provides local services to AA members and groups through its service office, also known as Central Office
WHAT IS CENTRAL OFFICE?
- “A central office is an A.A. service office that involves partnership among groups in a community – just as A.A. groups themselves are partnerships of individuals. A central office is established to carry out certain functions common to all the groups – functions which are best handled by a centralized office – and it is usually maintained, supervised and supported by these groups in their general interest. It exists to aid the groups in their common purpose of carrying the A.A. message to the alcoholic who still suffers.” taken from A.A. Guidelines-Central or Intergroup Offices
- Oahu Central Office is supported by Oahu Intergroup through AA members and groups donations and literature sales
WHAT ARE THE FUNCTIONS OF OAHU CENTRAL OFFICE?
- Maintains a conveniently located office where paid special worker(s) and volunteers coordinate local services
- Maintains a 24-hour Helpline
- Maintains a 12th Step Call list and sends AA members on 12th Step Calls
- Answers inquiries from the general public, individuals who think they may have a drinking problem as well as treatment, court and medical professionals seeking information
- Coordinates with Area 17 Committees to take meetings into various facilities (prisons, treatment centers, hospitals, etc) and to make A.A. presentations upon request (court DUI classes, treatment centers, hospitals, professional community, etc)
- Provides local meeting and events information
- Maintains an adequate supply of AA Conference-Approved and AA Grapevine literature for sale
- Maintains an informative website that includes an online meeting/events schedule
- Creates and prints local AA meeting schedules
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
- Send an Intergroup Representative (IGR) from your home group to monthly Intergroup meetings. Having an IGR present at monthly meetings insures that your home group has a voice in Oahu Intergroup. Monthly meetings are held at 6:30pm on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at Palama Settlement until June 10, 2015
- Split your group’s 7th tradition collection as suggested in the pamphlet, “Self Support: Where Money and Spirituality Mix”
- Individual members can become a Central Office Volunteer or an After Hours Phone Angel
- Fill out the 12th step call list form and become available for 12th step calls. Click Here For Form
- Submit a gratitude donation individually. It is a tax write-off because of our non-profit status.
Serving as an Intergroup Representative (IGR) offers you a rewarding opportunity to share in Alcoholics Anonymous’ Third Legacy: Service.